Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Art

We did it!  We made art for her daddy for Valentine's Day. It's messy, so far from perfect, but I'm learning to enjoy to imperfections of life. And we spent less than $10.

I used a canvas from Hobby Lobby that I got with a 40% off coupon and red washable tempura paint. Before we started I filled the kitchen sink with warm, soapy water so I could clean Gretchen up quickly.  We washed after her hand and each foot so she wouldn't touch anything with red paint. I'm happy to report that it worked perfectly and we got paint only on the canvas. The "L" and "E" I painted with my finger (couldn't find a paint brush!) and the writing at the top I did with a Stampin' Up marker I already had.

My wish for you today is that you find joy in the messiness of life, knowing that its what's in your heart that matters so much more than perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment